Saturday was an amazing day in Chicago, it isn't very often we have 70 degree weather in April! Matt and I started our day with a nice, long walk through the Lincoln Park Zoo and on the lakefront; before we knew it we were on Oak Street window shopping (or at least I was). We had a packed agenda, so after a pit stop at Starbucks for an iced coffee and some substance for Matt (apparently the walk was a little too much for him) we hit the showers and headed off to Manny's Coffee Shop & Deli. Manny's offers amazing corn beef along with a taste of Chicago history!I'm not sure what I was expecting when walking into Manny's - all I knew was Dad had been
there back in the day, oh and to expect big sandwiches. I already knew I wanted to try a Reuben, so I went for it and enjoyed every last bite! It was amazingly big and tasty; let's be honest who doesn't love a place that
serves potato pancakes as their side?!?!? Matt just had a plain corn beef sandwich and found himself a little jealous of my pick, however we were both in agreement that the corn beef was outstanding.There are lots of options to choose from at Manny's; the cafeteria setup (with old men in hair nets ready to serve you) surprised me for some reason. I totally enjoyed the staff's humor while we waiting for our eats. The dining area is set up like a cafeteria as well but the walls are filled with old newspaper articles and other Manny's history. I do have to mention that Manny's does not have cafeteria prices, but the food and the experience is worth the price tag!
Before & After of My Sandwhich
Our beautiful Saturday afternoon didn't end with Manny's - we headed to Munster , Indiana to take a brewery tour of Three Floyd's LLC. Matt loves their beer and really wanted to check out the tour, so we got in the car and headed to Indiana. Needless to say Matt and I had a wonderful day together...
Shalom,
Matt and Jenn
PS: Yes, I did eat the entire sandwich!


No comments:
Post a Comment