Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Perfection @ Gemini Bistro

4.14.2010 Gemini Bistro

It is hard to stay in when it is 80 degrees out - I would much rather walk to a local hot spot for a drink and some tasty eats. After work last Wednesday April 14th, Matt and I walked to Gemini Bistro in Lincoln Park. Clearly we weren't the only ones with the idea because the wait was an hour, however we snagged a seat at the bar and indulged in a fabulous meal. We totally lucked out with an amazing and very knowledgeable server/bartender (he suggested the most amazing app ever).

While looking over the menu I enjoyed a class of Malbec and Matt had a Dogfish Head - we started with the Thai Mussels (red curry, coconut milk, lemongrass, ginger, Thai basil). These mussels were out of this world and bursting with the most amazing flavors; we even dipped our bread in the leftover juice. The mussels were a little spicy which made the dish even more enjoyable for Matt and I (we like it hot). We then ordered the Gemini Burger (hello it comes on a pretzel roll, we couldn't resist). The mussels and burger provided plenty of food for the two of us and honestly the service and food were spot on. I'm so glad this Lincoln Park hot spot is going to have some patio seating this summer along with brunch! I know we'll be back.

This Friday Matt and I are celebrating our 2 year anniversary (so exciting) and are planning on going to a nice dinner! We haven't officially decided where we are heading but I'm sure it will be good.

Cheers,
Matt & Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment