Monday, March 22, 2010

Kicking off Spring at Sola

With March Madness in full swing and the arrival of Spring, Matt and I have found ourselves having a packed calendar….and a few restaurants behind (thank you Matt for pointing that out). However, with my beloved Kansas Jayhawks out of running for NCAA national champs it is time play a little catch up on our restaurant tour of Chicago!

On Sunday Matt and I retired our Kansas apparel, shook off the loss, and headed to North Center for brunch at
Sola (3868 North Lincoln Avenue). I live steps away from this brunch and dinner hot spot and have had the pleasure of experiencing both. Sola offers a warm atmosphere with orange and yellow hues splashed throughout. The windows offer great lighting and a perfectly placed fireplace adds an extra touch of warmth and intimacy.

So, I know what you are thinking….more eggs!?! What sets Sola apart from the many brunch options in Chicago is the amazing flavors that their dishes produce. Oh, and their super fabulous coffee. I wanted to try something I’ve never had before, so I went with the wild mushroom omelet (leeks, asparagus, and prairie fruits farm goat cheese). Matt had the breakfast wrap (tortilla, black beans, eggs, cheddar, spinach, and guacamole). Both options were cooked and presented to perfection – I really loved the mixture of veggies and goat cheese in my meal and I really loved the flavor of the tortilla and guacamole in the breakfast wrap.

Why we love Sola; the great atmosphere, the yummy food, small yet filling portion sizes, tasty coffee and reasonable prices (no joke it cost us about the same to eat at the Golden Apple the day before, yikes). We aren’t the only ones that find this brunch/dinner spot so appealing, most of the tables were filled (although we didn’t have to wait for a table) with families gathering, girlfriends getting together and couples sharing a nice breakfast together, preparing for another hectic week.

Happy Spring,
Matt and Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment