You must be dying to know what we indulged in; keep in mind there is no way my words will do the flavors offered on this menu justice (but I’ll try). My suggestion – just go there!!! The fun began with their trio of salsa and a side of guacamole. All three salsa variations were bursting with flavor and super delicious (my fave was the green, Matt loved the red). But the guacamole was even more super fabulous and the best I’ve ever tasted at a restaurant. The guac trumps the salsa trio (if you only want to try one). Matt and I couldn’t help but get another round of chips so we could continue to dip into such delight.The main event didn’t disappoint – Matt ordered the Enchiladas Tres Queso
(Chihuahua, manchego and cotiia cheese) which were absolutely heavenly. These enchiladas are hands down the best we’ve had. The rich flavor the cheese combination offered was superb and extremely decadent. I had a hard time deciding what I wanted, so I created my own main event which included: a goat cheese tamale (hot chile, masa, pico de gallo). Let me say the corn base of this tamale was amazing; it was rich in flavor and a tad spicy as well (I couldn’t get enough). The creamy goat cheese inside was a perfect pairing – seriously considering ordering 30 and freezing them. I also had two tacos Black Bean (garlic, avocado, cilantro, crema) and Battered Shrimp (cilantro, avocado crema). The tacos are small which is great because you can try more then one.Just thinking about De Cero and the amazing dinner we had on Friday makes me excited to go back! Next time you are in the mood for Mexican, skip your old reliable and head to De Cero; I promise you wont be disappointed! Oh, and don’t forget to call us on your way there because we’ll want to come with.
With full tummies (yes still),
Matt and Jenn

I WANT GOAT CHEESE TAMALES!!
ReplyDeleteNext time I come to town, this is a place I MUST try! Sounds like good stuff.
ReplyDelete