The weather in Chicago has been amazing, which always makes our outings more fun! On May 22nd, Matt and I took a stroll up north to
check out Bistro Campagne on Lincoln Ave (which is not too far from my place). The night was perfect, not too hot or too cold. We were totally chancing it and hitting up this North Center hot spot sans reservations; which in the long run worked in our favor. We walked up to the rustic exterior of Bistro Camagne and we were instantly satisfied with the atmosphere. The inside was full of patrons sharing intimate dinners and drinks with loved ones and friends; the interior offered a quaint but homey vibe. Lucky for us there weren't any tables available inside and we were asked if we would mind sitting outside. We were definitely up for sitting outside on this wonderful night so off we went. Wow, the outside was even more wonderful than the inside. We sat in the courtyard and were surrounded by greatness. The lights on the trees, the small little tables and the water fountain created such a great backdrop for our dinner together (I truly felt like we weren't in the city any longer).
We started our meal off right with a bottle of wine accompanied by Price Edward Mussels in a
Belgian ale. Matt and I love eating mussels and although these could have had a bit more flavor the mussels themselves were fabulous. These mussels were large and perfectly tender (we might have to go back for their bottomless mussel night). For our main courses we had the white fish (Matt) and the bistro burger (Jenn). Bistro Campagne offers a seasonal organic based menu; the food was certainly tasty but the ambiance was top notch! Matt took the liberty of ordering "desert" for us - aka after dinner drinks on the rocks. I'm pretty sure he was trying to get me drunk and I'm pretty sure it sorta worked.Thanks Matt for yet another wonderful evening together! I absolutely loved the setting of Bistro Camagne, it was perfect for our romantic dinner just the two of us. Thanks for all you do for me, I couldn't ask for a better partner or a better friend.
To Drinks & Romance,
Matt & Jenn
No comments:
Post a Comment