The atmosphere was very pleasant (even if we were the youngest people there)! The bar has a wide variety of whiskey and other fun drinks but Matt and I went with a Half Acre and Dogfish Head. The menu was fantastic and had lots to choose from; in the end Matt and I were very pleased with our choices and left full (I don't think I have been that full in a long time). I ordered the caramelized lobster (lemon quinoa, basil, chili) - this dish offered unique flavors that both
Matt and I enjoyed immensely. We ordered a burger (we both we craving meat); it was also delicious and came with amazingly tasty fries and a huge pickle (which I loved). The most surprising thing we ordered were the brussel sprouts - OMG these were fab! Cooked to perfection with brie and apple wood bacon I instantly fell in love with these crazy sprouts. Clearly the night was a success and it totally obvious why The Gage is one of
Eat Drink & be Merry -
Matt & Jenn
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Yummy Brussel Sprouts @ The Gage
Wow, life has gotten in the way of our eating and blogging lately. Sorry to our loyal readers for not staying on top of things; but my job change has thrown Matt & I a little off schedule. With all that is going on, we managed to make our way to The Gage May 12th and we didn't let late trains, networking events or rain get in the way. We were on a mission for some tasty eats and some time to catch up, just the two of us. The Gage is located at 24 South Michigan Ave and fairly new to the Chicago scene.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment