Friday, January 22, 2010

Big Jones - Andersonville southern cuisine

Januraury 21, 2010
First stop, Big Jones . Mer, AJ, Nate, Susan, Matt and I headed to Andersonville for dinner to try some coastal southern cuisine. The ladies and I enjoyed the decor however we all indulged in an array of fabulous treats. It is always a pleasure to dine with those who are willing to try anything; we of course ordered the fried green tomatoes (we couldn't resist), the cheddar herb croquettes (super yummy) and for something a little different we went with the sugarcane cured pork belly. Be sure to ask for the pepper jelly; it isn't on the menu but it is a little taste of heaven and compliments the cornbread perfectly. These items started our night off right. For our main entrees we each had something different. We concluded there wasn't a bad item on the menu, everything was delicious and the service was accommodating. It was truly a shame we didn't save room for the red velvet cake which they bake in the oven while you wait - might have to go back just to try it . Overall, the eats at Big Jones were fabulous and I will speak for all of us when I say we would go back(perhaps for brunch)!

Nate wins best presentation of the night with his Peach Tea-Infused Pork Chops.

Matt wins best microbrew selection for his Pabst Blue Ribbon. Who knew heaven could fit in a 12oz bottle?



Thanks to those who joined us, for the great company and inspiring us to blog....

Matt and Jenn

2 comments:

  1. Wow, so much heaven at this restaurant.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have had the red velvet cake and skipped the rest! It is one of my favorites, and I never see it anywhere. Put this restaurant down for us to visit when we come in April!

    Jean

    ReplyDelete